This is not your run of the mill electrical tape. Tesa Cloth Harness Tape is industrial grade harness tape designed for use in the inhospitable environs of engine bays and is the very same tape used by Mercedes, VW and numerous other automotive manufacturers.
Made from abrasion resistant PET cloth and backed with an acrylic adhesive, this tape has a high tensile strength and the adhesive will not turn to goo when exposed to heat or fuel.
You can use this tape to wrap an entire harness and rest assured that it won't become a sticky dirty mess. We use the tape as a part of a system, incorporating Vinyl Loom for exposed areas, Split Loom under the tank and seat with Tesa Harness Tape to secure the loom at terminations, as well as Heat Shrink and Heat Shielding as necessary. This arrangement can produce a harness as good as any OEM.
There's 25 meters of 19mm wide tape on each roll. .
Dimensions: 19mm Wide x 25m Long
- Backing material: PET cloth
- Total thickness: 10.23 mils
- Type of adhesive: advanced acrylic
- Adhesion to steel: 45.68 oz/in
- Elongation at break: 40 %
- Tensile strength: 157.02 lbs/in
- Temperature resistance min.: -40 °F
- Temperature resistance (3000h): 302 °F
- Abrasion resistance (10mm mandrel): Class D (acc. to LV312)
- Abrasion resistance (5mm mandrel): Class D (acc. to LV312)
- Flame resistance as composite: Class B (acc. to LV312)
- Unwind force (roll width > 9mm): 11 N/roll (30 m/min)
- Noise damping (decibel): Class A (acc. to LV312)