This attractive braided cable doesn't need to be hidden and communicates that you understand that it's the small details that set a one bike apart from another.
Few motorcycles are built with longevity in mind wiring has always been where OEM's could save a bit by cutting corners by using low quality materials, minimal coil windings and cheap terminals. By now 20+ year old wiring is plagued with corrosion at the connectors that creeps up the sheathing compromising the integrity of your electrical system with increased resistance and voltage drop.
At this wires core is a fine braided Class K copper wire that is soft and flexible allow for easy routing, coated in a layer of soft PVC that is wrapped in a lacquer impregnated cotton braid. The kit includes quality tin-plated solid copper eye terminals in two sizes, the right solder for assembly and two colors of dual wall self-sealing heat shrink to seal out moisture. This combination provides superior electrical conductivity, reduces voltage drop, and is physically stronger than most OEM cables.
We've created two kits to choose from: one kit with black wire and one kit with red wire.
If you don't want to call attention to the cable as it routes through the bike you might use the black cabling and the heat shrink to indicate positive polarity cable at the hidden end at the battery terminal or similarly if you're only workign with the red cable and just need a bit of cable for your chassis ground you can use the included black heat shrink to designate polarity.
- High quality, fine-stranded copper core
- Cotton braid w/ lacquer outer sheathing over PVC insulation
- Two sizes of terminals to fit common battery and solenoid posts
- Tin plated solid copper terminals
- Flux core solder to ensure a solid connection
- Heat shrink is dual layer with self sealing adhesive to protect solder joint
- 24" of 6 AWG / 13.5mm2 (either black or red)
- 266/30 Copper stranding
- 60 to 220 degrees F (- 50 to 100 Degrees C)
- Terminals: Qty. 2 each 1/4" and 5/16"
- diameter 6 gauge tin plated solid copper eyes
- 24" (600mm) of 0.062" diameter 3% flux core electrical solder Sn60/Pb40
- 6" (150mm) each of red and black dual wall polyolefin heat shrink with 3:1 shrink ratio