For 3-Phase Permanent Magnet Charging Systems only. They are not cross compatible with other systems. These systems are rarely found in the late 70's and become more common in the mid 1980's. If you are not sure what you have email us at email@example.com before ordering.
If your separate regulator and rectifier or combination Reg/Rec is 20+ years old it is time for a new one, after that many years, it's just a matter of time before it fails. This is particularly important if you’re installing a lithium battery, as they are not tolerant of excess voltage, or undercharging. MOSFETs style reg/recs like this one and the FH020AA from Shindengen are the current state of the art in motorcycle regulator rectifiers, they are more efficient, more stable, and more reliable than the sixty-year-old tech your charging system was designed with.
Rick’s Motorsports Electrics is the first manufacturer to offer a MOSFET style reg/rec that is optimized for Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries but is also compatible with traditional lead-acid batteries. We made a call to Ricks Motorsport Electrics and had them put together a universal kit that includes the right terminals and connectors so you can now install this new tech on any motorcycle with a permanent magnet type charging system. As a bonus of going with a Ricks MOSFET is you know it is genuine quality and not a fake from an overseas supplier. Lastly, for those of you with field excited systems check out the 10-504.
That's right, these can be installed on single phase or three phase systems. Although they are designed for three-phase systems, there is no problem dropping one AC leg and running on a single phase setup. When running as single phase the output rating is reduced by 33%.
- Lower 14.2 voltage set point that is optimized for lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries and won’t shorten their lifespan by low level overcharging.
- MOSFET technology for much lower heat generation in the reg/rec
- Waterproof automotive connectors, including housings, terminals, and cable seals
- A connector is integrated into reg/rec making packaging cleaner and easier
- Rated to 600 Watts or 50 amps for 3-phase and 400 Watts or 30 amps in single phase (very few charging systems can produce even 1/2 that much power)
- No possibility of fakes like on eBay or Amazon
- 5 - cable seals
- 7 - terminals
- 1 - black connector housing
- 1 - grey connector housing