These are high-quality fittings that can be used in conjunction with our brake lines to satisfy any need.
- Re-usable fittings. Build 'em for this bike, rebuild them for the next project.
- Easy to build. Just thread the ends onto your brake lines.
- No compression parts. No need to replace ferules when re-using fittings.
- COLLARS ARE INCLUDED.
Available in Stainless or Black:
- 20 degree
- 90 degree
- Cut hose to correct length using cable cutters, side cutter or a similar tool that will make a clean, straight cut.
- Slightly flare the inner PTFE lining of the hose using a mandrel or similar tool to insure the lining is circular and will accept the tapered tail of the fitting.
- BEFORE SLIDING THE COLLAR NUT ONTO THE HOSE, insert the tapered end of the fitting into the hose and rotate 3-4 turns into the hose to form a thread.
- Rotate the fitting anti-clockwise 3-4 turns and remove.
- Before you are able to seat the hose into the collar, the PVC coating first needs to be trimmed. Carefully trim to ensure the brake line bottoms out in the collar, but does not show a gap between collar nut and PVC coating. Make sure only the PVC coating is cut and not the stainless brake line.
- Slide the collar over the hose, ensuring the hose is fully seated into the collar.
- Fit the fitting into the installed collar, tightening each fitting until proper clocking has been accomplished. This can generally be done by hand using a wrench to hold the collar nut. DO NOT tighten the fittings against the collar nut, there should be a small gap. The distance from the shoulder of the collar nut to the base of the installed fitting should be about 1/16" or 1.0mm-1.5mm.